I can either tell a story alone, and everyone listens to me, or I can invite people to tell stories in groups. Group storytelling is especially helpful when:
- individuals or small groups push themselves more and more into the center of attention with their opinion – that is, wanting everyone to think like them.
- conflicts arise in groups
- Or when extreme positions are taken, and statements are made in groups that cannot be left unaddressed
- Or when dealing with young people who are already showing their first signs of extremist orientations.
- Thus, to ensure that disputes do not escalate further, and people are included in the group again, it is helpful for those involved to talk and listen to each other.